Have you got a question for the HOYFC Team? Have a look below! If your question still hasn't been answered then drop us an email at HOYFCmail [at] gmail.com or use the Contact Form.
Payment & Shipping
- Q: What payment methods do you accept?
- A: We accept payments using PayPal and Shopify Payments. If you have a PayPal account then that's great, but if you don't then you can still use your credit/debit card with PayPal and it will send the money for you - just follow the instructions at checkout. Prices are in Great British Pounds (£) but if you are paying in a different currency PayPal will convert it for you. Please note we do not accept cheques as it is no longer 1956.
- Q: Do you ship to my country?
- A: Yes! We ship all over the world. Our website will calculate the cost of shipping to your destination after you've added items to your shopping cart.
- Q: How is my package...packaged?
- A: We use a cute combination of backing cards, jewellery boxes, colourful bags, tissue paper, bubble wrap, washi tape and (biodegradable) cellophane to package your order: there might even be sweets in there! We'll do our very best to make sure it arrives with you safely and securely.
- Q: When my package be sent?
- A: Packages will be posted 1st Class (UK) or by International Airmail (Rest of World) within 3-5 business days of payment. Most packages will not have tracking numbers, but if there is a tracking number associated with your order it will be in your shipping notification e-mail.
- Q: Why is there no tracking number?
- A: International packages are sent by International Airmail which is the cheapest and most cost effective way to post outside of the UK, especially for small items (tracked shipping costs more than the price of a pin badge!). If you would like your package sent by Tracked/Signed For delivery then please choose this option at checkout.
- Q: How long will my package take to arrive?
- A: This depends on where it's going! All orders are posted from the UK. Within the UK, packages usually take between 1-5 working days from date of postage to arrive. Outside of the UK they arrive within an average of 2-3 weeks, however it can take up to 4 weeks if there are delays with the postal system and/or customs. Please do not e-mail us about lost packages until the 4 week period from date of posting is over. It is rare to have orders lost in the post, but common for them to take their time arriving!
- Q: It's been over 4 weeks and my order still hasn't arrived! What do I do?
- A: Please email us at HOYFCmail [at] gmail.com quoting your order number so we can locate your order. Please note we can only refund/replace orders within 3 months of the shipping date. We will only send a replacement order once.
- Q: The address on my order is incorrect, what do I do?
- A: Please check your address carefully whilst making your order and confirm it is correct in your order confirmation email. If your address isn't right, please contact us as soon as possible as we should be able to correct it for you. We can not take responsibility for items shipped to the incorrect address: remember it is your responsibility to make sure your shipping details are accurate! We don't know where you live, that would be weird.
- Q: I can't find the answer to my question on this page and I'd like to contact you, how do I do this?
- A: You can e-mail us at HOYFCmail [at] gmail.com or use the contact page.
- Q: Why is it taking so long for you to answer my e-mail?
- A: We get a LOT of e-mails! We try to reply to emails as soon as possible, however it can sometimes take 5-7 working days for us to reply.
- Q: Can I return my item?
- A: Items can be returned within 28 days of purchase, unused and in perfect condition for a refund or exchange. Earrings can not be returned for hygiene reasons (unless they are faulty). Postage costs will not be reimbursed unless the item is faulty. Let me know if you would like to return an item using the contact page or email us at: HOYFCmail [at] gmail.com. For more information about returns, see our Returns & Refund Policy.
Stockists & Wholesale
- Q: Do you have a bricks and mortar shop I can visit?
- A: No, sadly not! We do have many lovely stockists though in the UK and internationally, so check out the list and see if there's one near you.
- Q: Do you sell your work on a wholesale basis?
- A: Yes! If you are a retailer interested in making a wholesale order please e-mail us at HOYFCmail [at] gmail.com with a bit of information about yourself and your shop so that we can discuss working together.
- Q: Can we have a sale or return/drop shipping agreement?
- A: We are unable to take on any sale or return or drop shipping agreements. Our wholesale terms are very reasonable so if you'd like to see them please contact us.
- Q: When will X Product be back in stock?
- A: It depends! Some items are limited edition and will never be restocked, others will return in a few days or a few weeks. The best way to find out about restocks, special offers, sales and new products is to follow Hand Over Your Fairy Cakes on social media and/or sign up to the newsletter.
- Q: How/where do you get your necklaces/pin badges/patches/mugs made?
- A: We're very unlikely to answer this question directly as we share this information on the blog where possible (see our Manufacturing & Environment section for more information). We put a lot of hard work and trial and error into finding the best way to make our products and tracking down the best suppliers and printers for our business. Also, what is best for us might not be best for your needs, so do your own research and find something that works for you!
- Q: Can you make me a custom order?
- A: We cannot take custom orders or commissions.
- Q: How do I use my iron on patches?
- A: There are instructions on how to apply your iron on patches on our blog.
- Q: My pins are starting to look a bit tarnished, how do I clean them?
- A: There are instructions on how to clean your enamel pin badges on our blog. It's easy!